02:00 PM - 04:45 PM PACIFIC
1Life Workplace Safety Solutions
Take Safety & Health to The Bank; The New Currency of Optimal Organizational Performance
Generative leaders have long recognized that effective Safety Management results in positive organizational performance including the bottom line. However, in 2022 and beyond, for the commercial transportation industry to not only survive but thrive, a new currency must be recognized and generated. This currency not only fuels innovation, creativity, cooperation and greater hazard perception and awareness but also decreases incidents, absenteeism, and turnover. It can be the greatest driver of your company’s profitability and leveraged to build a solid reputation with stakeholders. This session will:
- Introduce the neuroscience of human performance, its impact on safety management and define the new currency of high performing organizations of the future.
- Explain why most employees are in a state of sub-optimal intelligence, creativity, and hazard perception most of the time and how it can produce a cascading effect of absenteeism, mental health challenges, workforce shortages and compound organizational stress.
- Discuss the new paradigm of safety management that places employee safety, health, and wellness at its core, and introduces the science of how it can explode your workplace with creativity, productivity, and profitability.
- Provide top tips to simplify your workplace safety management and make it less stressful and confusing for everyone involved.
Workshop– Skills for Safety Mangers: Are you the Hero, Villain, or Guide?
As a Safety Manager, likely you have played all three roles in your career. However, one role is for more effective than all the others. Not playing the correct role can have devastating consequences to your safety culture and overall safety results. Learning objectives for this course include:
- What are the roles that the various workplace parties should and should not play (hero, villain, guide)?
- Why forcing safety or rewarding “zero” will never provide long term sustainable results.
- How the differences in people must be understood and leveraged to optimize productivity and safety.
- How to speak to the motivators of management in language that they can easily receive and act on.
- The top 3 negotiation hacks to get people to buy-in and move forward with your safety initiatives.
- Leadership Self Assessment Tool you can use in your workplace.