Located in Langley BC, the BC Trucking Association (BCTA) is a non-profit motor carrier association formed to advance the interests of the trucking industry.
As a distinct brand, SafetyDriven – Trucking Safety Council of British Columbia is dedicated to improving occupational health and safety by providing safety programs, services, education and certification.
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
Reporting to the BCTA President & CEO, the full-time Communications Specialist is responsible for organizational communications and engagement under the direction of BCTA and SafetyDriven management teams.
The Communications Specialist’s responsibilities include:
– Developing and managing the organization’s communications plans.
– Planning and implementing publicity strategies, campaigns and social media platforms.
– Writing, reviewing, editing and, as necessary, conducting research in preparing content for the organization’s communications channels (social media, websites, print and digital advertising).
– Developing and implementing a content calendar to support social media and industry-related campaigns.
– Supporting the President & CEO in responding to media inquiries, including interviews and statements.
– Creating compelling infographics, presentations, articles, reports, and information for websites, blogs and social media accounts.
– Preparing and implementing the distribution of news releases, editorials and other communications materials as required.
– Collaborating in the development of marketing and presentation materials for programs and events.
– Analyzing media coverage over all channels and developing responses when needed.
– Developing media activity reports as required.
– Overseeing the administration and technical maintenance of the websites and social media accounts.
- Degree in communications or marketing or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a related field.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated digital experience within the areas of strategy, content creation and managing digital platforms.
- A proven capability for teamwork in a wide variety of projects.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and other computer software.
As the association serves a diverse membership, bilingual oral and written proficiency in Punjabi is an asset.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com by February 14, 2021.
BCTA is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.