SafetyDriven – the Trucking Safety Council of BC is driving to improve safety performance in trucking and related industries. Our SafetyDriven team delivers free, confidential advice, along with training, resources, and information. As the industry Certifying Partner, approved by WorkSafeBC, we award Certificates of Recognition (COR) to employers and owner/operators who can demonstrate ongoing commitment to workplace safety and effective injury management.
Position: Office Administrative Coordinator & Bookkeeper
Contract: Full time, permanent
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Operations & Marketing
Based: Langley, BC
Hours: Mon–Fri, 8:30am to 5pm
Role: We are seeking an Office Administrative Coordinator & Bookkeeper who will provide support to the Safety and Marketing departments, ensuring items for day-to-day business and office operations run smoothly. Under the direction of the Senior Manager – Marketing & Operations, the Office Administrative Coordinator & Bookkeeper will:
- Take primary responsibility for reception and office coordination duties
- Maintain the company calendar and schedule of meetings and events
- Coordinate project schedules keeping internal and external teams and vendors on time and on task
- Maintain filing and archiving systems, both electronic and hard copy
- Maintain office and marketing supplies inventories
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
- Enter and track budget, invoice and vendor information
- Maintain financial records and books
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a professional office environment, have exemplary customer service skills, hardworking, dynamic and be able to react to business needs in this fast-paced environment.
As a valued staff member, you will bring a positive and supportive perspective to our close-knit and collaborative group. You are fluid with change, flexible, and enjoy working with a variety of people, on a number of tasks and projects.
The preferred candidate will have:
At least three years’ experience in office coordination, accounting, and/or marketing
- Data Entry Experience – for budgets, schedules, and CRM inputs
- Experience using Accpac – SAGE 300ERP
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work offsite and attend events as required
- Experience working in a not-for-profit enterprise
We value our staff and provide:
- A competitive compensation.
- Benefits package including RRSP contribution matching plan.
- Generous vacation.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
To learn more about our organization, please visit www.safetydriven.ca
For a complete job description, please click here.
To apply submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm Friday, March 13, 2020:
- Covering letter
- Available start date
- Salary expectations
- Resume (max 5 pages)
We thank you for your interest in our organization. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.