SafetyDriven – the Trucking Safety Council of BC is driving to improve safety performance in trucking and related industries. Our SafetyDriven team delivers free, confidential advice, along with training, resources, and information. As the industry Certifying Partner, approved by WorkSafeBC, we award Certificates of Recognition (COR) to employers and owner/operators who can demonstrate ongoing commitment to workplace safety and effective injury management.
Position: Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Advisor
Contract: Full time, permanent
Reporting to: Occupational Health & Safety Manager
Based: Langley, BC
Hours: Mon–Fri, 8:30am to 5pm
Role: We are seeking an Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Advisor who will provide advisory services to our members and related industries including:
• building health and safety programs/systems for clients of all sizes including, owner operators, small employers, and medium/large employers
• providing health and safety training
• researching and developing industry safety resources
• conducting industry outreach and engagement
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a professional office environment, have exemplary customer service skills, hardworking, dynamic and be able to react to business needs in this fast-paced environment.
As a valued staff member, you will bring a positive and supportive perspective to our close-knit and collaborative group. You are fluid with change, flexible, and enjoy working with a variety of people, on a number of tasks and projects.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Occupational Health and Safety diploma and/or CRSP designation
• At least 3 years’ experience developing and implementing OHS programs/systems, researching and developing safety policies and resources, and project management
• Experience in delivering safety training
• Experience in the trucking and moving & storage industries
• Experience in business development
• Experience in safety auditing and WorkSafeBC processes and procedures
We value our staff and provide:
• A competitive compensation.
• Benefits package including pension plan.
• Generous vacation.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
To learn more about our organization, please visit www.safetydriven.ca
For a complete job description, please click here.
To apply submit the following to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm Friday, February 7, 2020:
• Covering letter
• Available start date
• Salary expectations
• Resume (max 5 pages)
We thank you for your interest in our organization. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.