Whatever you call it, a Cone Zone helps protect your workers.
Do you work on or beside the road? A Cone Zone can help save your life. As a roadside worker, taking the time to properly set up your work zone and follow safe work procedures is not only your legal obligation, but it can help keep you, your coworkers and the public safe.
In roadside work zones, workers must:
- know how to identify hazards and assess risks
- follow safe work procedures
- follow set-up and take-down regulations
- wear appropriate high-visibility clothing
- report unsafe work conditions to their supervisor
- know their health and safety rights, including the right to refuse unsafe work