- This event has passed.
Workplace Harassment and Violence LMS Training Tutorial
January 14, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFree
The Employer Learning Module
Trucking HR Canada is here to help you comply with new Canada Labour Code requirements
Our online training, developed in partnership with Labour Canada, is ready to launch.
Join us for an hour-long webinar that will walk you through:
- Creating your online account
- How to input employee information, track training, and produce required reports
- How our national database will support industry labour mobility
- Overview of additional supports designed to support you in compliance
This training is applicable for the new Workplace Harassment and Violence online course
This self-paced module will review regulatory requirements to help employers, supervisors, managers, and others in positions of authority understand new obligations for preventing and responding to workplace harassment and violence. This course is oriented towards employers in federally regulated workplaces.
The course will help employers:
- Understand how to identify, prevent, and respond to workplace harassment and violence
- Understand different roles and responsibilities in relation to the Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Regulations
- Review the relationship between harassment and violence and prohibited grounds of discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act
- Interpret new Canada Labour Code obligations from the employer’s perspective, including the procedures involved
- Examine the main elements of the complaint resolution process
- Examine the requirements to provide support
For more detailed instruction on employer response under the new framework, employers are invited to complete the Trucking HR training on Incident Response.
This course takes approximately one hour to complete. Individuals who complete this course will receive a certificate. THRC will maintain a confidential database that can help employers keep track of training completion.