- This event has passed.
Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG) – Train the Trainer
August 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am - August 14, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
One event on August 13, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on October 22, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on November 19, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on June 4, 2020 at 9:00 am
This 2-day course being delivered by a former Provincial CVSE Officer, TDG Inspector and Trainer, is designed for trainers intending to offer or conduct TDG Training Certification or carriers and drivers looking to enhance their knowledge of TDG.
The course will adhere to the obligations of Section 6.1 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations which states that a person who handles, offers for transport, or transports dangerous goods must be adequately trained and hold a training certificate valid for 3 years.
Participants will leave with an understanding of:
- Fundamentals of Adult Learning.
- Intro to TDG regulations and purpose.
- Key elements of TDG Regulations and obligations of the training provider:
– Training requirements, including Certificate issuance and contents
– Incident Reporting
– Emergency Response Assistance Plans, (ERAP)
– Appropriate Containment, (packaging)
– Safety Marks
– Shipping Documents
– Roles and responsibilities of Carrier, Shipper, Employer and Employee,
- Enforcement processes and expectations
Each participant will be provided with the Transporting Dangerous Goods By Truck: A Trucking Industry Guide Handbook published by Canadian Trucking Alliance, a current copy of the Emergency Response Guidebook published by J.J. Keller & Associates, a current copy of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Acts & Regulations.