- This event has passed.
Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG) – Trainer Refresher
November 6, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on June 26, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on August 21, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on November 6, 2020 at 9:00 am
This full-day training is designed for existing TDG Trainers who offer or conduct TDG Training Certification and hold a current or expired TDG Trainer certificate.
The course, being delivered by a former Provincial CVSE Officer, TDG Inspector and Trainer, will adhere to the obligations of Section 6.1 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations which states that a person who handles, offers for transport, or transports dangerous goods must be adequately trained and hold a valid training certificate.
The course will review:
- Fundamentals of Adult Learning.
- TDG regulations purpose and overall intent.
- Key elements of TDG Regulations and obligations of the training provider:
– Roles and responsibilities of Carrier, Shipper, Employer and Employee,
– Preparation of Shipping Documents
– Safety Marks
– Appropriate Containment, (packaging)
– Emergency Response Assistance Plans, (ERAP)
– Incident Reporting
– Training requirements, including Certificate issuance and contents
- Enforcement processes and expectations
- Updates, changes or new protocols as mandated by Transport Canada or the Province of BC.
Each participant will be provided with the Transporting Dangerous Goods By Truck: A Trucking Industry Guide Handbook published by Canadian Trucking Alliance and a current copy of the Emergency Response Guidebook published by J.J. Keller & Associates.